|My 1 year old Aurora, chowing down on chicken & salad!||This girl has a very healthy palate!|
- The Paleolithic Era was really about 2 million years ago vs. the 30,000 I previously posted (Thanks Rob).
- Dairy is still my mistress. Every day I've put ~2 tablespoons of milk in my coffee or tea.
- Pursuing absolute perfection is an exercise in failure, deprecation, and should never be pursued when related to eating in our modern world (i.e. I made cookies with my 3 year old today -- and ate 3 of them). Desserts really make me crave more desserts. This was an experiment to see the effect that an isolated sweet consumption will have on my body.
- One can exist without sugar and honey (for at least 7 days anyway...see #3).
- I can make an amazing chicken, carrot, sweet potato curry with no recipe at all.
- If I don't consume alcohol (even just a small glass of red wine), I fall asleep quicker and earlier, sleep sounder, sleep longer, and wake up easier.
- My 1 year old daughter prefers a paleo diet as well. Notice the pix.
- I remember why I stopped eating sausage about a decade ago (see phallic photo below).
- NOTHING TASTES BETTER THAN FRESH HOMEMADE SAUSAGE FROM PIGS RAISED IN THE WOODS EATING MOSTLY PUMPKINS & APPLES.
I wanted to make curry one night, but I could not find my vegetarian cookbook that has an awesome sweet potato chickpea curry recipe. My plan was to substitute chicken for chickpeas.
Sweet potato, Carrot, Chicken Curry
1 pound Chicken
2 yams diced
1 can diced tomatoes (15oz) or diced fresh tomatoes
1/2 pound sliced or diced carrots
1 tablespoon red curry
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon cardamom
Cayenne, as desired
1 cup coconut milk